Sunday, September 16, 2012

Laundry Day

" The Lorie Project ": Inspirational

Weekends is our task to do our own laundry. My mother did ensure, that we learn this choir in our teenage years, when we were old enough to handle and complete simple house hold activities. Although I did try the "kusot" method at the beginning, but my genuine appreciation to the creator of washing machine because it did made the work a lot easier, faster and still  be able to get same quality washed clothes only if your thorough enough in using it and avoids any short cuts in the methodology.

I can still remember our little laundry area which consists mainly of a mini pool size water container, along with sets of faucets, 1 in the inside and the other one at the outside. My late grandfather made "bankitos" for grandmas,mother and aunties, to use. Later on, it was father who created new ones for us and my cousins. Every Saturday morning, I guessed its a perfect bonding time for me, my sister and some of my cousins, since we all do our own laundry. Its a house activity, to which our respective parents perfectly imparted to each of us, since we all grew up without the aid of a "kasambahay". A choir I perfectly master most especially when I'm working in Manila and  live on managed to live on my own. For someone with a limited salary, I cannot afford or rather it is impractical to include laundry wash in my list of expenses. I'd rather do it on my own and besides I'll be more sure to the cleanliness of my clothes, since I'm the one doing it. No offense to those family who's daily income are coming from this job, I mean not to disrespect your profession. A friend once told me that she finds doing her laundry somewhat relaxing and therapeutic.

That's why it saddens me when our little laundry area was destroyed and deeply damage by a strong typhoon, added to the fact that it was located nearby a dead river, to which number of informal settlers are locating, so floods is unpreventable during rainy season. It would take a lot of financial resources and few aids to help my father rebuild that place, which is  once a significant sanctuary for each of us in the family. While browsing Interior Design Ideas, I saw their feature on laundry room storage, and I did get an inspiration to our future laundry area. Who knows maybe one of these days, rebuilding that, will be part of my project, and will be a great subject for a blog post. But for now, I'm sharing these inspiring interiors to each of you, maybe you're also in the process of renovating your home, including a laundry area is not a bad idea after all.

Laundry rooms are typically a home organizer’s nightmare. They are those little messy rooms that just keep getting cluttered no matter how hard you try to organize them. Here are few simple and bright ideas to helpy you make your laundry room a better and more inviting place.


Tips for Designing a Laundry Room

1). Good lighting – Lighting up the laundry area can bring up a dramatic difference in the space. Also having windows through which light and air can flow in would be a good boost to the whole washing experience.

2). Orderly Arrangement – Like any other room, unnecessary clutter can give the space a dirty look. Having a closed basket for dumping soiled clothes rather than heaping them on the floor or inside the cabinet would give a more organized look.
3) Having overhead closed cabinet spaces gives more space and scope for artistic and creative ideas to flow. The cabinets can be painted in creative designs and colors to bring life to the area.
4). Keeping detergents, sewing kit, laundry shampoos, starch and other such items needed in the laundry room within cabinets gives it easier access and avoids using up other storing spaces in the house.
5). The wall attached ironing board is an ideal option for laundry areas with less space. Having the iron box in the laundry room ensures that clothes leave the laundry room in wearable form.
6). Like any other area of your house, you can add to the ambience of the laundry room or area with potted plants, different color patterns.
Bring out your music system to your Laundry area , let the music play or get that book you always wanted to read and enjoy it while your clothes spin. Laundry time would never be a chore again!!


Above two are from Electrolux.







The above 8 images are from landry solutions maker Idea Group.
Images and articles from the website - Home Designing


No comments:

Post a Comment