Monday, August 20, 2012

An Introduction


Hi  bloggers, kindly welcome me to the blogging world!

My first attempt to explore the creative side in me and eventually hone my writing skills. You may ask who the heck is she and why would I bother to waste my limited precious time with her? Well, you may not get something from me or  my post would  be not as awesome as compare to those famous individuals, known in this field, but, I at the end of the day is just like you - yes you reader, an ordinary fellow who waste her time in blogging just to find the satisfaction of being heard, understood, and find my true relevance in this society through  thoughts sharing.

So who am I??? Well for starters my name is Lorelie Duman-ag (yes a dash on my mid name) Rivera, 28 years of age, single (pathetic, I know), from the land of coffee and balisong - Batangas. I'm a proud Filipina nurse by profession and have been in this practice for more than six years since I passed the Licensure Exam last June 2005.  Aside from being a nurse, I am a frustrated writer as well. Thanks for the endless book reading and addicting television show watching, the madaldal side of me was born and from then on I felt I have the responsibility of sharing my thoughts to my fellow readers and watchers to emphasize my point  of view regarding  the different issues of our society. Hopeless romantic you can add that to my resume. Those never ending chick flick movies with cheezy conversation, I am proud to follow each of that - from Titanic to The Notebook, 500 Days of Summer to The Vow, Sleepless in Seattle to You've Got Mail (certified Meg&Tom supporter), and so many that if I enumerate them all I would exceed my space and somehow would bore each of you. My appreciation also to the numerous Nicholas Sparks novels to which I religiously collected and read and silently wishing and hoping that I would met my own Lyndon, John, Thibault, and so on. Maybe somehow, these referendum are partly to be blame as to why I remained single up until now while some of my classmates and friends if not married, are proud parents already. (whew!talking about pressure). Although sometimes I felt certain emptiness and yearning most specifically during family gatherings and reunions because there's no one specific other than my family whom I can share a laugh, good conversations, silly jokes, and even an arguments or would console me with a tight embrace and true hug and a lingering kiss, but the moment I look to my parents and reminisce how my grandmother showed her attentiveness to my grandfather (when he was still alive), I got better and realized that waiting for that special someone will be worth it, if in exchange I would get the same quality of relationship my Mom and Dad, Lolo and Lola get...So much for the romantic side of me, well discuss that thoroughly in days to come. I also have obsessive compulsive traits, being a type A personality. Yes I'm proud to say I have tendency to become super OC to certain things, like taking in control of the situation and frequently aspiring to perfection. You may think its not a good trait, but through the years of roller coaster experience, I learned to blend my expectations with my own capabilities and accept that not all our wants and needs will fall in a way that we want it to be no matter how hard we try, beacuse that's not how GOD works for each of US. After all the mistakes, setbacks, troubles, failures and errors that I've comitted, I learned to use my OCness into a positive way , for me to gain success and triumph! (am I being too deep already?) Don't worry I may have my idealistic and deep side, but I also enjoy the kababawan of every situation i come in. I'm  a certified bungisngis, its easy for me to laugh at jokes (corny and dry), punchlines from kanto/tambayan, and common stories that have been shared for number of generations. In short mababaw din po ako. Of course no woman/lady/girl does not possess a kikay side, and I for one have a tremendous adoration for fashion. When in mall, my eyes twinkle to the numerous display of clothes, shoes, bags and accessory. Fashion mags are part of reading interest, I always part my salary in buying back issues of Vogue/Harpers Bazaar/Vanity Fair and adore my cousin who send me frequently latest issue of Glamour. If I win a lottery, I would like to own Carrie Bradshaw and Blair Waldorf 's closetand hire Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington as my personal stylists - a girl can only dream.

Travelling, eating, shopping (imaginary most often) are my favorite past time. Travelling, because I want to discover the different cultures  and ethnicity to each places I get  to visit, experience their rare practices and beliefs, understand their root owned values, meeting new people and getting acquainted eventually and appreciates NATURE for rewarding us with such  beautiful places. Eating - I'm a certified food junkie. Who wouldn't like to eat a well-prepared sumptuous meal. Too  bad I don't have talent for cooking, but I ought to improve in that department soooon. Along with travelling, food experience is one thing that I look forward given ith enormous amount of vacation time and unlimited resources. Every pay day I always treat myself into a well cooked meal from the different restaurants and cafes bothin fine dine in or simply in streets. It is somehow rewarding for me to taste a different variety of meals and appreciate the people behind for its creation. Often I'm always eager to recommend to my friends and colleagues a new food discovery and accompany them to new found mealhaven. It give me  certain boost in my ego when they agreed to my suggestions and frequently asked for advice when it comes to adventure. Needless to say, my weight loss battle have been here forever and I gained my shares both on success and failures in this department. Just like you, its hard to give up something that is precious and important to you, and being a foodie is one of those known importance to me. Shopping on the other hand is a good subject to discuss but often hard to accomplish. As a nurse here in the Philippines, working in private industry, the pay that I received is below my expectations. My salary would often support my basic needs and I need a lot of stretching to do to accommodate my necessities. Only when I have extra earnings from numerous hours of overtime, then I can squeeze to a shopping adventure. And when I say adventure, it signifies the four letter word-SALE!!! and most often to Tiangge and Divisoria, which will call for my exemplary ability of shopping power (patience,razor sharp eyes in finding, creative and qualitative traits of mixing and matching,from magazine reference, and finacial convincing power). These traits one should possess and develop to the fullest function, for your shopping adventure to be a major success.

By now, you know little something from me. I hope this would be enough (at least for the time being), for each of you to waste your time and visit me in my own simple world. I ought to share a lot for each of you and eventually learn a LOT from each of you as well. Let'sbe friends and thought sharers in this universe where connivance, agreements, democratic arguments and creative speaking are legal and acceptable. This is the beginning of my project and hope you can be a part while I'm building it.

No comments:

Post a Comment